09 October 2007

Enbushi

I've joined this club at Waseda called Enbushi -- it's a dancing club for Wasedasai / the 125th Anniversary celebration -- it's danced to taiko drumming tracks, it's really fun.

In other news I have promoted to level 5 Japanese, and it will definitely not be an easy class, however because they only meet twice a week instead of three I will have to sign up for another Japanese course (I would need two more but I am already signed up for a supplementary Kanji course).

Today I am up and about early although I don't have classes because I was planning on going to Shibuya to go to a GABA informational session, scheduled by our trip director and others. However, that has been postponed until perhaps next Wednesday, yet, according to my host mother there is a GABA in my neighborhood and I think I will go there to check it out, see if I can get a job (teaching English -- it's an English tutoring program).

I have also gotten sick unfortunately, although I seem to be on the path to recovery already I am heading to a doctor's office today, in hopes of getting some fix-me-please medicine.

Glad I got that student health insurance, it's only ten or so dollars a month for something like 70% coverage of your medical expenses.
Economically, getting sick is more profitable (? -- convenient -- not as costly) in Japan if you are a student.

1 comment:

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

Yeah, the Japanese National Health insurance is really convenient and a really good value as a student. As a result, many Japanese will go see a doctor even for just a cold. I still don't understand why 'socialized medicine' is considered to be a bad work by conservatives. We live in such a messed up society where the rich people running things have better coverage then they'd get under socialized medicine, but then a huge percentage of the country has no coverage at all and most of the coverage is extremely expensive anyway...