Today Jon and I planned to attend CEATEC but I did not feel very good and we didn't go; instead, we can go Saturday (no classes) and it will be PACKED but fun anyway. CEATEC is the world's largest collection of technological exhibits and I believe that it only occurs in Japan(?).
So later today, when I felt better, I headed into Shinjuku to exchange some money. Jon and I ended up seeing just about everything there is to see in Shinjuku while being in search of lost time / Proust aficionados / banks that are open late. I also bought a book for a class today.
This year is the 125th anniversary of Waseda University and it's very important because the founder said that if you were really awesome you could live to be 125 years old. Although, word is that he died at 80-something but that has no relation really.
Although this is no longer vacation-mode for the students in my program (since classes have started), Jon and I took a few elevator rides today to the tops of pretty tall buildings. They actually decked out one of the TV company buildings with restaurants on the top floor of what I think is the "NS building."
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government building is open to the public and has two huge observation towers. Although it was really cool to see Tokyo from so high up I'd like to see it on a clear day. The humidity here makes it look foggy in mid-day for far-away places.
I took some great photos today. They better seem to document my stay so far than any blog ever could... yet another reason to post them sooner :D
03 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
fenixdrakken: onaji desu
tj7854785: sry i don't speak gay
also keep up the hax work
Duuuuuuuuude. You totally missed all the booth babes at CEATEC.
Post a Comment