19 September 2007

楽しい

I went by Tamano [多摩レール] monorail today to Tachikawa [立川]. Jon and I stuck together and headed around town after we were toured around the Itasen department store / grocery. It was great fun and I got a lot of great pictures that I'd love to share with everyone. I also became better associated with a lot of people in the Japan Study program, all of who are really nice and really interesting people. I was really impressed today by the skill of some of the people in the "advanced" section, they were amazingly great; there were even a few people that I did not understand at all when they spoke but the teacher acknowledged all of what they said -- shockingly great.


So far, I love Japan. The people are really nice; I asked a stranger what "okaka" was because it was written in Hiragana [phoenetic] and I wasn't able to find the meaning in my friend's dictionary. I think it's cod/salmon marinated in Miso Soup and/or Soy sauce but I'm not exactly sure yet. (This is all in an O-nigiri whichi is a rice patty shaped into a triangle)

What a great time I had today, I even went to a restaurant with everyone after meeting some more students from Waseda, like Take and Chiaki; they are very kind and very good at English.

Today I took almost 400 photos, so I don't forget what it's like. Even looking at them now I almost forget where I took all of these. Cameras are a great investment for prosperity's sake.

Until I write again, またね